Monday, August 8, 2011

Handy Tips for Filipino VA

This blog serves as a window to share things that I am learning as a virtual assistant. I am now doing researching, article re-writing, encoding, bookmarking, sending press releases, subpage writing, SEO, etc. Online researching (my first assignment) requires high analytic skills to get things done. You have to be very patient in following leads to get the exact information that you want to have.

For those who are wishing to become virtual assistants I am encouraging you to be familiar with Google Docs (google it). Future employers prefer to hire those who are well-versed with it.

Other tips:

  • Open a bank account (I recommend BDO). This is where your salary will be wire-transferred. It is more convenient than any other ways of receiving earnings. In my case, my employer uses XOOM to transfer money to my BDO account as bank deposit. Processing takes only few minutes.

Here’s a sample of a recently completed transaction:

Transaction Record

Salary for a week

  • Needless to say, your English fluency is much needed. To give you an idea how I started, check-out this e-mail that I received from my present employer when he first communicated with me.

"first e-mail received"

That’s it for the meantime folks. I need to prepare for my online job now. Expect for more handy tips next time. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment